A special request this recipe it was very popular. Easy and simple recipe that is packed of flavours.
1 x Lamb Bone (I buy whole leg lamb and debone it)
Fill med pot of water
3 x Carrots (cook for 1hr)
1.5kg Diced Lamb
1 large Red or white Onion (l prefer to use red onion)
1 x Tablespoon of Garlic
1 x Fresh Thyme
2 x Tablespoon of dry mixed herb
2-3 tablespoon of Tomatoe Paste
1 x 400gram Diced Tomato
Season with rock salt and cracked pepper ( I used the vege salt : Dried veg & rock salt)
Dried Chilli (optional)
3 x Tablespoon tapioca add some water in a med bowl.
Before cooking any other things make stock. Put done, carrot, celery on a medium pot with water and turn up once boiling med heat. Cook for an hr
1. Peel 3 large sweet potato and chunky dice for roasting. Put on top of baking tray and drizzle extra virgin oil
And season with rosemary and salt. 180 – 200* oven and bake for 40 minutes (until sweet potato and well roasted)
Well Roasting start on stew.
2. Heat Pan fry onion until well cook and add the garlic ( for a minute) than a handful of fresh thyme
3. Brown Lamb for a few minutes add tomato paste coating the lamb meat (1 minute) than add the
Crushed tomato, dry mixed herbs and slowly add the stock to the amount of liquid you want. (I like a lot of stock)
4. Leave med – low heat till meat is tender add your season of salt & pepper. I like to add little chilli
5. Thicken by using tapioca flour turn up stew almost boiling and slowly stir in tapioca don’t stop stirring until it thickens.
6. Once roast sweet potato is ready mashed and can add organic butter, coconut cream or dairy cream what ever you prefer. Seasoned and set aside
7. Steam/par boil your favourite veggies. I usually do cauliflower, broccoli and Brussel sprout.
8. When ready to serve: spoon some sweet potatoes on bottom than add your veggies than stew on top. Garnish with fresh rosemary on top.
© Eat Real 2018