A Chinese popular dish that we have made without any sugar and all natural without compromising the taste. Even our Chinese friends like our version.
- 2 – 5 x Chicken Breast
- 1 x Garlic
- Apple cider Vinegar & l also use a little bit 100% taramind puree (l like my food very tangy)
- Raw Honey
- Organic Tomato Paste
- Fish or Squid sauce (Saltiness) or just add salt
- Tapioca Flour
- 1 packet Sweet Potato Noodles
- 2 x Pot of water (med size) 1 for stock and 1 for sweet potato.
- Once boiling add sweet potato (5 min) in boiling water than drain on colander and rinse cold water once cool set aside and put a little sesame oil (pure oil) and mix it through to avoid sticking together.
- The other pot add 2 x chicken breast turn heat to med – high depends on the size of chicken breast if smaller 18 mins poached or med 22 mins or large 27 mins. Once timer is off take chicken out and check if its cooked (small cut in the thickest part of chicken) if not cooked just put back and cook for a few minutes more.
- Once cooked take out chicken and set aside.
- Now you have stock for the sweet & sour when chicken is taken out. Add half a bottle of Organic tomato paste first and also apple cider vinegar (start of with a ½ cup than add a little if not tangy enough) and garlic than some raw honey l would do 4 – 6 spoonful and add till its your sweetness.*
- After your happy with the taste thicken with Tapioca flour and water to thicken it. Turn off once it thickens.
- Put sweet potato on a boil, thinly slice chicken breast & put on top of noodles than add sauce on top. Garnish with shallot, red onion and capsicum (slice them long ways).
*If you want more tangy l add a little of tamarind puree and also chilli for spiciness. I also like abit of fish/squid sauce.